Thursday, December 17, 2015

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Remember how I ended my last blog entry with the words, I LOVE this? Well, not every day is total love. I keep telling myself that its going to get worse before it gets better. 


The Good:

  • Progress 
  • The cabinets are in and being housed in the warehouse until we are ready. Exciting!
  • I chose and ordered  all the drawer pulls and knobs. I never thought THAT would be fun.
  • I visited the stone warehouse and picked out a remnant piece for the master bath. There were so many cool pieces of stone to see!
  • The pendant lights and an entry light have arrived. Industrial chic coolness.
  • I bought all the tile for the entryway and love the petrified wood look. 
  • I bought a cool little dresser that we will use for the powder room vanity with a vessel sink. (Dang, I better buy a sink)
  • Our house is going to be electrically safe after all the new wiring that has been put in:)
  • The creative freedom that Master Dave and Bruce are willing to give me when figuring out issues. Gotta LOVE that. They already can read the 'look' on my face when I am marinating on an idea.
The Bad:
  • The continuing horrible electrical stuff that they keep finding. I am not an electrician by ANY means, but even I can see that what was done is BAD stuff. This could surely be listed in the 'good' category as well because it is being addressed.
  • I encouraged Roger to meet with Jason, electrician and wiring extraordinaire, to go over the Sonos system stuff. Okay, let's just say that the quote went up from what I wanted...guy stuff.
The Ugly:
  • That every single room in the entire house has been touched by this renovation. When I see Bruce heading downstairs with his saw I just need to take a deep breath. 
  •  Our house is going back on the market after Christmas. Yay.
  • When I have to talk through stuff from the project and my Rog just stares at my face.

You will see that the 'good' list is longer than the others. Bring on the inspectors and drywall. I am thankful for such wonderful craftsmen that I have on my team. Every visit they put up with my snarky comments and snort laugh. 
Bruce, seriously, put down the saw!
More pics next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment