Friday, April 15, 2016

The End.

As I sit down to write this a sense of melancholy washes over me. Can it really be over? The months drug on and on as I prayed for patience and good sense. This was a HUGE project that we tackled! As we plop down on the couch that I so sweetly refer to as the big brown turd, we ask ourselves "Was it worth it?" and a firm and joyous answer from both Rog and I is HELL YES! We LOVE our new place and it is exactly what we envisoned.
We were lucky enough to have a couple of really cool and creative contractors to work with. They were always open to my ideas and me horning in on their work. So, Master Dave Bowen and Master Bruce Downs, we salute you! Job well done. They are forever tainted by the naughty things that I say when my filter needs changed. For that I am sorry ;) I love words and I seem to have a lot of them.

So the big reveal. We moved in two and half weeks ago. That pretty much sucked. Don't I have three strapping sons that should be around to help? Nope, they are off on their own adventures; just the way we want it. So it was snowing and cold and lots of hard work. But we got it done. There are still some boxes downstairs and some baseboard that needs painted, but overall we are pretty settled.
I am just going to show you some photos. Cuz I am tired and need a glass of wine on this chilly Friday...
Thats a big honking island. And its AWESOME

The teal cedar treatment turned out beautiful

Dining area. We are going to get a long table for 10 for when my big boys come with their women.

You can see that it is all one living area. The chimney stack shelves are SWEEET

I bought this little dresser for $100 on Craigslist and added the copper sink. You can see the barn door in the mirror.

A better mirror shot of the custom barn doors that the Masters made me.

Sorry to say that we filled in and tiled over the inside planter in the entryway. Love the original brick

The sunroom is just off the living area. It is our favorite spot; and Stan's too!


We can see Pikes Peak, Devil's Head and Castle Rock. Stan sits on the sheep skin and looks for deer and fox. 
I should have added some photos of our master bathroom. It is amazing! Heated tile floor, a big soaking tub, and beautiful tile. Meh. You'll have to stop by and see it.
I hope to embrace some of my free time and set up my studio and get back to my art. Stay tuned.
Cheers.
Julie

2 comments:

  1. Dang, this is gorgeous. I love love love your new kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanessa Holmes stopped by on Friday April 15, 2016 and just loved all that you did. The House Under the Rock is now truly yours. This was a stunning house that you really put your stamp on. You & Roger's vision came to life and we are proud of all your hard work. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete