Friday, July 24, 2015

The Waiting Game

It is hard to contain excitement and anticipation with a big healthy dose of patience. So we wait. Wait for bids, budget and permits. The ball is slowing gaining momentum.  As we wait for the first swing of the hammer I thought I would answer a few questions that I have gotten from friends and family.
First, a little about us. Roger and I will have our 29th anniversary this summer (and are still crazy about one another), have three grown and super cool sons, we coach and direct a high school mountain bike team in Highlands Ranch, Co, at one point we had 18 bikes in the garage, Rog works in the heavy construction industry, and I am the wearer of many hats- artist, always mom, former teacher, team manager, boss of everyone. Plus I think I am funny...just ask me.

  • You're moving AGAIN? Why? 
    • With Roger's job of 28 years we had the opportunity to live in different cities and even Texas for two years. With every move we made great friends & neighbors! Do we get attached to houses? Not really. Home is where our stuff is. With that said, we are downsizing to a place for Rog and I to stay for a while. Our current house is too big. Who wants to clean it? Not me. There will always be room for our guys to come home...maybe even eventually bring some gals around.
  • Why would you sell your really nice home and buy a 45 year old house??
    • Cuz we want to. We love a challenge! We didn't have to buy a house that was in the 'right  school feeder area' or neighborhood. We picked it for its unique flavor and potential. Plus we can ride our bikes down to the beer garden downtown Castle Rock; how awesome is that?
  • How many houses have you lived in?
    • This will be our 8th house. We have bought/sold four of them from the same realtor that we LOVE. Seriously, if you need to get it done then call Vanessa Holmes of Your Castle Real Estate. She is a gem. 
      View of the rock from the backyard.

      Pikes Peak in the distance.

      One of my sweet boys:)

      Our current home goes on the market on Monday. Holy crap, I better spit shine this place this weekend!!! Keeping fingers crossed for a quick and painless sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment